CopyPaste Pro is like Time Machine for your Clipboard!
The latest incarnation of the one and only, award winning, easy to use, multiple clipboard editing, archive and display utility. See and edit any clip in your history of copies or in the more permanent clip archives. Use the new Clip Browser (horizontal) or Clip Palette (vertical) to see all clipboards in an instant. Save all clipboards through restarts. Tools to act on clipboard data. Never lose a clip again. CopyPaste is a time saver/life saver for all Mac beginners through advanced users.
If you have never tried it, now is the time, it operates invisibly in the background remembering your copies and allows you see a Clip History of clips going back in time or to keep clips permanently in the Clip Archive. Try it and find out for yourself why its so popular.
CopyPaste Pro is the latest version of CopyPaste and is a complete rewrite and update. CopyPaste has been massively popular since its first release. What has made it so widely appreciated? Usefulness. CopyPaste magnifies and multiplies the usefulness of the humble clipboard.
One of the revolutionary features that came with the Mac in 1984 was the unique ability to select text or pictures, etc, then copy that data into a clipboard, to hold that content temporarily and then paste it in the same application or a different one. The clipboard was used to transfer all kinds of info between programs on the Mac, and later this feature was imitated in many other operating systems.
A few years later CopyPaste was the first application to add multiple clipboards. This meant that more data could be moved in less time. CopyPaste also allowed these multiple clipboards to be displayed, edited, archived and saved through restarts. CopyPaste revealed the untapped potential of the Mac clipboard.
The latest incarnation of CopyPaste has those same underlying abilities, but with this latest version unveiled in 2008 (CopyPaste Pro) a new instantly available window (like the Apple application switcher) that lets you navigate through the Clip History and Clip Archive with a speed and ease that is again as revolutionary as the first version of CopyPaste. An editor called Bean is now part of the CopyPaste Pro ecology. Bean allows you to edit clipboards.
CopyPaste Pro is profoundly simple to use and yet extremely powerful.
CopyPaste Pro Features:
- Multiple (unlimited depending on memory) clipboards available by hotkey, menu, contextual menu, clip palette and clip browser.
- Save all clipboards thru restarts. Never lose an edit again. This alone is a savior.
- Clip History maintains a stack of cuts or copies and even drags.
- Clip Editor (Bean) allows immediate editing of any clip and also is an excellent word processor.
- Clip Archives to keep available info you use repeatedly
- The Clip Browser allows vertically viewing all clips and their contents. Particularly good for pictures.
- The Clip Palettes allow horizontal viewing and access to all clips. Particularly good for text.
- Drag images from Safari directly into the clip history
- Clip Tools to act on clipboard data in dozens of useful ways that save time like: - Email extractor which grabs email addresses from large amounts of text - Url extractor grabs url's from large chunks of text, shorten urls (great for twitter) and many others
- Drag and drop any clip in the clip browser and to/from applications
- Contextual menus to give easy access to the clipboards from anywhere
- With the clip editor open text, PDF, RTF, HTML, Apple Archive and many other file types
- Easy ways to organize and make available all the clipboard data for reuse.
- Many more features built in and more coming....
CopyPaste has been available for over 10 years. Users of those earlier version (CopyPaste+yType, CopyPaste-X, CopyPaste Classic) may be interested in the changes from those earlier versions.
- Universal Binary. Native on Intel and PowerPC, perfect for Mac OS Tiger (10.4), Leopard (10.5) and beyond.
- Much faster; especially on Intel Macs and in Leopard.
- Rewritten in Cocoa and Objective C, to access the latest Mac OS X features for fast and rock-solid development and upgrades.
- The clip editor (called Bean) is now a powerful word processor.
- Many new ways to view, browse, edit and act on clips.
- New easier and simpler interface that follows the look and feel of Apple's Dock and Application Switcher.